Sunday, September 8, 2013

Classroom updates

9/8/13
Dear parents/guardians,
Here are a few updates from room 100.

Updated schedule
Our specials schedule changed a bit from back to school night. Here is the updated schedule:
Mon.-Library, Tues.-Art, Wed.-Computers, Thur.-P.E., Fri.-Lib

Room Parent(s)
Please email me if you would be interested in volunteering as a room parent for my classroom.

Mail for Mr. E
Please designate a system to get papers back and forth from you to myself. I ask the children every morning to check for mail for me but it is something they need to get used to doing. Feel free to use the folder given to you at the beginning of the year or another filing system that works. If you would like another folder made for your child with “home” and “return” labeled in it just email me and I can get one in their backpack. Hopefully in a week or so the students will learn the procedure of checking their backpack for papers.

Sight words
Sight words are extremely important to your child’s reading development. Please know/remember that the words on the “sight word” lists should be memorized by sight, not sounded out. The reason they are called sight words is because most are phonetically spelt and they are also words that your child will see the most when learning to read. We learn phonics in kindergarten to help reading and writing but sight words should be memorized. Thank you.

Homework
Homework from the homework calendar should be done in your child’s homework notebook. This notebook can stay at home or with the child and only needs to be sent to school/turned in upon request from me. (twice a quarter) Please don’t have your child hand in their homework daily.

September family project
I will not be supplying a “All about me” poster for your child. They are free to be creative with the project using whatever they would like to display their information. (poster, video, orally, etc.)

Emails
This is your last chance to get on the class email list. (which is how I will be giving information like this from now on) If you have not received any emails from me this year than you are probably not on the email list. If that is you, please email me (with all emails wanted on the list) at lredwards2@cps.edu stating please add me to the list.

Thursday dinner
LaSalle II PTO is having a fund raiser at Enoteca Roma (2146 W. Division) on Thursday. Please consider coming for a delicious meal. I will be attending with my wife and we would love to see you there.

That is all for now.

Mr. Edwards

No comments:

Post a Comment